Do you know your vegetables? Do you know which ones are the healthiest? If you’re going to struggle with your kids eating veggies, shouldn’t you try and find the ones that will give you the most benefit?
I think you should.
So here they are – the top 5 healthiest vegetables.
5. Brussels Sprouts – Full of folic acid and vitamin B, vitamin c and omega-3 fatty acids. Toss these with garlic powder and olive oil and you have one tasty dish!
4. Tomatoes – Tomatoes contain high level of lycopenes (which can fight cancer). They are also full of vitamins.
3. Broccoli – Yes – we know. Almost all kids hate them. But because they are full of antioxidants, put a little bit of effort and you can make these part of your diet (use the hidden veg recipes).
2. Spinach – No surprises here. This green leafy vegetable keeps your eyes healthy and helps prevent heart attacks.
And the winner is…
1. Sweet Potato - High in vitamin A, full of fiber and iron. Keeps your digestive tract healthy. Much better than normal potatoes.
By Vikram Goyal