Don’t want to eat meat but don’t like the alternatives either? You’re not alone. There are millions of people who are caught in the same boat.
Fortunately, there are several alternatives to eating meat that will still give you your daily protein requirements.
Here are 7 of these meat alternatives that you can incorporate in your diet for healthy, wholesome, and actually tasty dishes.
1. Legumes (lentils, chick-peas, beans) – In meat free India – legumes are a staple diet – and called Dal. They substitute very handsomely for the lack of meat as they are really high in protein.
2. Tofu – Perhaps the most famous high protein meat alternative – the humble tofu has hit a bit of a revival. There are tons of recipes online for great tofu dishes!
3. Quinoa – I just can’t pronounce that word. Irrespective – this is an unusual but super healthy alternative and you can make yum foods with it. Like the cheesy patties.
4. Edamame Soy Beans – With 29g of protein goodness per cup these soy beans are super fun to eat while having a drink with friends.
5. Peanuts – Yes – they are a great source of proteins – roasted or in the form of peanut butter!
6. Organic Yogurt – It’s yum as well!
7. Miso Soup – Made from fermented beans – it stands to reason that this would be a great source of protein.
By Vikram Goyal